It’s getting cool out there, warm up with a balanced blend of Autumn fruit and spices. Beware! It may be tough not to gulp this juicy cocktail.
Spicy Autumn Love
- 2 oz spiced pear vodka (we used Summer Love)
- 1/2 oz ginger simple syrup (instructions below)
- 3/4 oz lemon juice
- 3 oz soda water (or fill up your glass to taste)
- 1 dash rhubarb bitters
Ginger simple syrup
- 1 C water
- 1 C caster sugar
- ~1.5″ piece of ginger roughly chopped
Combine all in a small pot. Gently simmer until sugar has dissolved and syrup has a punchy ginger flavour (about 10 minutes). Strain and let cool before using. If you’re in a hurry, put the pot into a sink of cold water 😉
- Find your shaker. If you don’t have one, a glass with a few cubes of ice will do.
- Combine the vodka, simple syrup, lemon juice, rhubarb bitters, and ice (stir or shake)
- If you’re using a shaker, pour the contents into a tall, thin glass. Add your soda.
Spicy Autumn’s no Frills Cousin
A less expensive, very acceptable alternative.
- Instead of spiced pear vodak, sub regular vodka
- Add a few winter spices to the ginger simple syrup (think cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves—don’t overdo it)
- Forget the rhubarb bitters
Web accessibility: being a good human is also good for business
- By Dave Cunnington
- Studio Talk
- 9 min read
Strut receives Ember Award for Best Event: virtual Back to Batoche Days
- 1 min read
Creating an immersive digital center for the Arctic Arts Summit
- Success Stories
- 2 min read