Scope of work
Things you’ll be doing
In this role you will be collaborating with our account managers and creative team to produce print and digital assets across a wide range of clients and mediums. You will be expected to take a rough idea, run with it and make it better, or develop a design concept from scratch. You will be responsible for ensuring brand standards compliance and quality assurance, and you have a rock-solid understanding of evolving best practices and production specifications.
Develop concepts and design systems
- You can sketch a concept
- You can design a logo
- You understand that a brand is not a logo
- You can write a headline if you need to
Execute against existing brand guidelines and style templates
- You live by the grid
- You follow the rules, but know when to bend them to make things better
- You can apply a concept to multiple channels
- You can transfer a print brochure to a PPT deck and back again
Leverage all your past, current, and future experience
- You are equal parts creative and technical know-how
- You can build and prepare files for both print and digital output
- You understand the ingredients of a strong social campaign
- You can multi-task between brands and projects
- You don’t have to create motion graphics, but you understand motion and can review a script and design visuals for animation
- You can mentor and elevate your teammates
Just be you
- You are creative and passionate
- You are open-minded and egoless
- You are motivated and focused
- You are comfortable speaking about your work
- You can lead a presentation
- You appreciate constructive criticism
- You are a team player
- You like dogs (and tolerate people who prefer cats)
- You enjoy a good social hour
Things you bring to the table
- Bachelor of Design or equivalent
- 4+ years of work experience in an agency setting
- You are proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, Keynote, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and coordinate a variety of projects at the same time
- Have a strong eye for proof-reading
- You live for quality assurance
- Have a good understanding of print design, advertising, and branding
- You use the word kern on the regular
- Have a strong understanding of UI/UX design
- Are passionate about design and visual communication
- You stay up-to-date with production techniques and trends
- You share our roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, and commitment to making clients look good
Bonus points if you
- Have After Effects or motion graphics experience
- Can design a website
- Are a wiz at Word templates
- Have a knack for copywriting
- Can mix a mean cocktail
Who we are
We are small and mighty.
We are creative, curious and thirsty.
We are thinkers, doers, problem-solvers, and dreamers.
We believe in humanity.
We value company culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We wear jeans on Mondays.
We drink beer on Fridays.
We write on the walls.
We bring our dogs to work.
We have a good sense of humour.
We work hard. We play hard.
And we have a good time doing both.
We are a design and communications agency with a passion for helping brands and organizations tell their story, and build relationships with their most important audiences.
We create national engagement programs, corporate communications, strategies, identities, websites, apps, advertising campaigns, annual reports, magazines, posters, product packaging, motion graphics, videos, exhibitions, displays, and this one time we hand-crafted a miniature recreation of Michael Jackson’s Thriller.
We don’t want cookie-cutter Strutters
At Strut, we value diverse ideas and opinions to push ourselves and do our best work. We know the best way to achieve this is through developing an inclusive team with diverse life perspectives. Our bio page may not always reflect it, but we openly welcome anyone no matter their race, colour, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, or physical ability. Please feel free to be the unique you.