We are Strut
We are small and mighty.
We are creative, curious and thirsty.
We are thinkers, doers, problem-solvers, and dreamers.
We believe in humanity.
We value company culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We wear jeans on Mondays.
We drink beer on Fridays.
We write on the walls.
We bring our dogs to work.
We have a good sense of humour.
We work hard. We play hard.
And we have a good time doing both.
We are a design and communications agency with a passion for helping brands and organizations tell their story, and build relationships with their most important audiences.
We create national engagement programs, corporate communications, strategies, identities, websites, apps, advertising campaigns, annual reports, magazines, posters, product packaging, motion graphics, videos, exhibitions, displays, and this one time we hand-crafted a miniature recreation of Michael Jackson’s Thriller.
And right now, we’re looking for a talented and wildly creative Copywriter with a passion for big ideas and captivating copy to join our award-winning creative team.
As a Copywriter at Strut, you will be an integral part of the creative team contributing to ideation and concept development in collaboration with Creative Directors, Strategists and Designers, and writing copy for national advertising campaigns, messaging platforms, social media, web and video.
You are a heavy-hitter in both conceptual thinking and storytelling, with a knack for tailoring copy to suit target audiences and client’s brands’ tone of voice. As a design, communications and technology agency, Strut’s clients and projects are diverse, with no shortage of interesting work and projects for a Copywriter to flex their creative minds and finger muscles.
And while helping develop concepts and writing copy for campaigns is a big part of this role, it also includes writing scripts for video (advertising, corporate comms, and education), websites, social content, brand strategies and marketing plans. In other words, we’re looking for a Copywriter who loves diversity in their work and with experience writing for different channels and media.
Outside of your technical and creative skills, you’re also an overall awesome human being, who leaves their ego at the door, and who values collaboration and team work. Bonus points if you love dogs.
Scope of work
Things you'll be doing
Copywriting and Content Creation:
- Writing clear and compelling copy for a variety of channels and media — from social content, video scripts and websites, to advertising, messaging platforms and print materials
- Supporting with internal copywriting needs (proposals, presentations, blog articles, case studies, newsletters, social)
- Elevating client-supplied content while ensuring tone of voice remains on brand
- Ensure consistency and quality across all written content
- Translate complex subject matter from different sources and context into cohesive, understandable and impactful narratives
- Developing concepts and ideas in collaboration with project teams for campaigns and creative treatments
- Providing supporting copy and insights that add inspiration to creative briefs
- Contribute ideas, concepts and creative strategies to new business pitches and proposals
Things you bring to the table
The ability to develop big-picture ideas, while keeping an eye on the finest details is crucial to this position.
This role requires exceptional communications and writing skills, conceptual and innovative problem solving skills, and current understanding of industry trends and best practices. People in this role should have a drive for excellence, must be able to effectively communicate their ideas verbally, and in writing, have the ability to respond quickly to changing needs, priorities, trends or project requirements and be open to new ideas/inﬂuences.
- Bachelors Degree in English, Journalism or equivalent
- Minimum 3+ years as a Copywriter in an agency setting
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to effectively prioritize a variety of projects at the same time
- Strong understanding of popular culture, current trends and social landscape
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Expert knowledge in digital / traditional advertising channels and media
- Experience and expertise writing copy for motion graphics, video production, creating narratives, and story-telling
We don’t want cookie-cutter Strutters
At Strut, we value diverse ideas and opinions to push ourselves and do our best work. We know the best way to achieve this is through developing an inclusive team with diverse life perspectives. Our bio page may not always reflect it, but we openly welcome anyone no matter their race, colour, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or physical ability.
If you love what you see and think you could strut with us, drop us a line. If we love what we see, we’ll make room.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.