Strut Creative is looking for a talented Front-end Web Developer to join our technology team.
We work with our clients to solve their problems. Sometimes that might be a simple Wordpress website, other times that might be a large, scalable, custom-built application, but lots of the time, it’s somewhere in the middle.
You would be a critical member in our multi-functional team of developers who believe in rolling up their sleeves and delivering superb solutions for any project that comes our way. You would be instrumental in the planning stage of projects through to final deployment and support of the product
Strutters are hard workers who respect deadlines but also know when it’s time to put down the problem and call an impromptu foosball game. Our office is on 17th Avenue and is a fun, open concept environment filled with creative people.
While the majority of work required for this position is conducted during standard weekday office hours, there are times when job responsibilities may extend into the evening for maintenance support.
- Develop web applications from planning to design, architecting, coding, refactoring, testing and deployment
- Use Adobe CC Suite, primarily Photoshop
- Develop front-end technologies as part of our software product development team
- Troubleshoot issues
- Ensure code meets standards by living and breathing current best-practices
- Engage in QA-related activities
- Participate in daily stand-ups and collaborate with the team to accomplish sprint goals
- Offer solid interpersonal and communication skills with excellent fluency in English
- Communicate with Account managers and Technology Director to clarify system requirements and fine tune your deliverables to meet the expectations of the client
- Collaborate with teammates to analyze and creatively solve technical challenges with a goal of developing solutions that are robust and scalable
- A Bachelor’s Degree or diploma/certificate in related program
- 3+ years using web CMS platforms
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap or templates like Blade, Mustache, or Twig.
- Expertise in developing, debugging, and performance tuning websites.
- Good understanding of application development methodologies and experience with agile team development
- Experience with refactoring legacy code
- Experience with IDE development tools, Git and version control tools (GitLab, Github etc.), package management tools (e.g. NPM), and task runners (e.g. Gulp, Grunt etc.)
- Practical understanding of best SEO and accessibility practices and techniques
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent people skills with a focus on team collaboration and overall project success
- Comfortable in the Mac OSX and Linux environments
- Experience in a digital agency supporting multiple clients and projects, a lot of the time, at the same time.
- Experience building and supporting Wordpress, CodeIgniter, and / or Drupal applications
- Experience working within LAMP stacks (PHP, MySQL)
- Background in digital design mediums
- Intermediate Foosball skills
- Experience deploying and maintaining applications in an Amazon Web Services environment
If this sounds like you, and you’d like to join an award-winning team with lots of exciting things on the go, please submit your cover letter, résumé and portfolio link in confidence using the Apply button and form below.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
Thank you for your submission!