Strut Creative is looking to fill a Senior Account Manager role.
You will have major input in developing strategic marketing and communications plans, and will initiate and manage a wide range of projects -- from advertising, to corporate communications, to websites for a diverse range of client accounts. As the public face of Strut this job is essential for building and enhancing client relationships and proactively growing their accounts.
This role involves working with clients at senior management levels, keeping an eye on the quality of our deliverables, planning, budgeting and generally making sure our clients' expectations are met with the highest level of service.
Work will be conducted primarily at Strut’s 17th Avenue office, a fun open concept environment with frequent on-site client visits, and periodic travel required.
While the majority of work required for this position is conducted during standard weekday office hours, there are times when job responsibilities extend into the evening, and may very rarely, require a day or two of work on the weekend during extremely busy times.
Act as the day-to-day liaison between Strut and our clients, help win new clients/projects and actively grow existing accounts:
- Develop new business leads when possible
- Respond to new business meetings and RFPs with written proposals
- Assess communications and marketing needs by meeting with existing and potential clients
- Up-sell when additional services we offer match well with client’s needs and goals
- Meet and correspond with current, past and prospective clients from time to time in order to keep Strut Creative top-of-mind
- Write descriptions for sample work and case studies to highlight key client project in order to keep the Strut website and proposal templates up to date
Develop plans and budgets for marketing/communications projects and programs:
- Formalize client requests by writing detailed project briefs for client approval
- Develop communications and marketing strategies, plans, budgets, proposals and presentations
- Be knowledgable and stay up to date with clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments
- Work with our Creative and Technology teams and suppliers to establish project estimates and schedules
Managing projects and client accounts
- Actively direct projects, don’t just let them unfold
- Brief the Creative and Technology teams on project requirements
- Generally manage client expectations and attend client meetings as needed
- Work with clients to ensure the Strut team has all necessary specifications, content, etc
- Manage project costs by keeping track of suppliers’ costs and time spent on projects by internal staff
- Manage project timelines by keeping an up to date work-back schedule for each active project
- Help manage productivity and resources to maintain project and account profitability
- Keep up to date on the status of projects and anticipate potential issues
- Make notes on services provided, and consolidate and confirm supplier costs for billing
- Delegate coordination of project management to coordinators as needed, while ultimately maintaining accountability for the tasks
- Mentor and contribute to the development of junior accounts team members
Coordinate production of 3rd-party deliverables:
- Oversee freelance and/or contact-based suppliers as required
- Coordinate production and delivery of print and ad materials
- Delegate coordination of production and delivery to coordinators as needed, while ultimately maintaining accountability for the tasks
- Act as liaison between Creative/Technology departments, suppliers, and clients
- Manage suppliers to maintain project and account profitability
- Manage production timelines to ensure Strut meets project milestones and delivers final product on time and on budget
The ultimate responsibility for the quality and timeliness of our service rests on the shoulders of this position. The role requires strategic planning, budgeting, presenting and advanced social skills. Attention to detail is crucial to this position, as this individual will be responsible for managing deadlines, budgets and ensuring the accuracy of our work.
- Effective organizational, planning and project management skills
- Strong relationship building skills with a talent for motivating team members and collaborating with clients at various levels within their organizations
- Ability to effectively prioritize and coordinate a variety of projects at the same time
- High level of professionalism combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Understanding of design, advertising, communications, web and print production
- 7+ Years experience in an integrated marketing agency
- A solid understanding of web and social media is a plus!
If this sounds like you, and you’d like to join an award-winning team with lots of exciting things on the go, please submit your cover letter, résumé and portfolio link in confidence using the Apply button and form below.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
Thank you for your submission!